Date:      Tue, 03 Mar 1998 22:30:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, "John S.Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
Subject:   Re: 3.0-RELEASE?

On 04-Mar-98 Warner Losh wrote:
> In message <XFMail.980303105926.shimon@simon-shapiro.org> Simon Shapiro
> writes:
>: Here are few more ideas:
>
> for $150.00 you get your own JKH 357 magnum with extra loud clicking
> mechanism.  For shooting people that make really ill considered
> changes to the tree.

This is one firearm brand I do not recognize.  Cheap for a 357...

> for $500.00 you can get your own jkh motocycle faring, complete with
> biking leathers, sport helment (complete with chuckie decal :-) and
> three gallons of bad attitude.

The last item seems to be free in these circles...

> and for $1500.00 you can get your very own Rod Grimes sky
> surfing/diving rig.  Health insurance rider extra.
>
> For $5.00 you can get Terry's whiteboard.  For another $1995 we'll
> even explain it to you.  Now you too can decode some of terry's more
> esoretic points and posts and know why they make sense.  A deal a
> twice the price!  Act now!
>
> Too spendy for you?  You can get your very own pointy hat, just like
> the ones members of -committers wear, monogrammed with a picture of
> chuckie for only $75.00.  Be the envy of all those in your office, or
> buy several (20 for only $1000) and give them out in your own
> organization.[*]
>
> With appologies to those core members I've lampooned (and those that I
> didn't but wanted me to).
>
> Warner
>
> [*] We could raffle off several of these at USENIX next year :-)

I retire.  Warner has brought this list of ideas to the point of
perfection.  Now we need to scrap it and start over, just like we do to
good, working pieces of the kernel...

Oh, we need a special reward for this;  The most re-written portion of the
system.

simon