Date:      Thu, 06 Feb 1997 15:29:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dave Hummel <HUMMDN36@BUFFALOSTATE.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   security/ 2.17

I'm sure this topic is going to be done to death over the next few days, but I
haven't seen anything yet and I thought I'd better ask my question before
everyone is sick of the topic.
I just bought the 2.1.6 cd's about three days ago. I was checking out the
FreeBSD page and for the first time checked out Latest FreeBSD News and saw the
security warning. I called Walnut Creek CDRom and the sales guy said he hadn't
heard of it. I'm obviously concerned that I wasted $39.95 on the discs, so I
was trying to get him to agree to send me the update as soon as it comes out.
He suggested that I talk to the "FreeBSD guys" about how "official" release
2.1.7 was going to be. He said something to the affect that if FreeBSD.org was
releasing 2.1.7 as a CD distribution then they would probably send me a new cd
set.
If this makes any sense to anybody, what is going to be the status of 2.1.7?
How different is it going to be from 2.1.6? If I only have to download /bin I
guess that's no big deal, but.....

In the mean time I'll just keep my ears out,
Peace,
Dave