Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 2009 01:04:53 +0000
From:      Pegasus Mc Cleaft <ken@mthelicon.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   bsdtar lockup on Current-03/10/2009

Hi Current & Hackers,

	I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this problem: Any use of bsdtar to
create a new archive causes the process to be unresponsive to all signals and
consumes 100% cpu time. The machine I am testing on is a Core 2 quad running
in AMD64 (8 gigs ram, zfs boot, root, et al.)

	I have tried disabling the zil and prefetch as a precaution but can still
cause the failure by doing the command below(trying to eliminate zfs writes as
being the problem):
#tar -cvf /dev/null *

	Unarchiving from tar seems to work OK. The bug may have been introduced a few
days ago. I just noticed my machine doing this tonight when I tried to do a
portupgrade and the creation of the backups locked up.

Thanks,
Peg