Date:      Fri, 30 May 97 09:58:24 -0500
From:      New User <stefan.veith@mail.online-club.de>
To:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Compiling Kernel

-- [ From: New User * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Whenever I try to compile my kernel (typing "make depend" and then "make") I
get an error message concerning the PCI-Bus. My problem: I have got an
486DX/40 and only VL-slots! The examples for "my" own kernel were the
GENERIC kernel and the referring pages in the handbook. That is why I ask
YOU since I do not know where my mistake could be.

For a better knowledge of my system, here some (possibly interesting) facts
of it:
- 486DX/40-VL
- GD5428 (Cirrus Logic, 1M)
- Mozart Sound System =>
- Sony 2x CD-ROM drive (CDU-33a)
- 2 HDDs attached on the motherboard
- 16.3 Teles.ISDN card (German, and DSS1)

I would be happy if you could name the mistakes I did in this kernel for I
need the ISDN support under FreeBSD.

#
#                             Kernel 1  -- K1
#                   Stefan Veith: Duesseldorf, den 19.05.1997
#

machine		"i386"
cpu		"I486_CPU"
ident		"K1"
maxusers	20

options		SYSVSHM		#Irgendein Spiechermanager
options		INET			#InterNETworking
options		FFS			#Berkeley Fast Filesystem
# options		NFS			#Network Filesystem
options		MSDOSFS		#MSDOS Filesystem
options		"CD9660"		#ISO 9660 Filesystem
options		PROCFS			#Process filesystem
options		"COMPAT_43"		#Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options		BOUNCE_BUFFERS	#include support for DMA bounce buffers
options		UCONSOLE		#Allow users to grab the console
options		FAILSAFE		#Be conservative
options		USERCONFIG		#boot -c editor
options		VISUAL_USERCONFIG	#visual boot -c editor

config		kernel	root on wd0

controller	isa0
controller	eisa0

controller	fdc0	at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
disk		fd0	at fdc0 drive 0

controller	wdc0	at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
disk		wd0	at wdc0 drive 0
disk		wd1	at wdc0 drive 1

options		ATAPI			#Enable ATAPI support for IDEbus
options		ATAPI_STATIC		#Don't do it as an LKM

device		od0			#See LINT for possible `od' options.

device		scd0	at isa? port 0x340 bio

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
device		sc0	at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector scintr

# Enable this and PCVT_FREEBSD for pcvt vt220 compatible console driver
#device		vt0	at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector pcrint
#options		PCVT_FREEBSD=210	# pcvt running on FreeBSD >= 2.0.5
#options		XSERVER		# include code for XFree86
#options		FAT_CURSOR		# start with block cursor
# If you have a ThinkPAD, uncomment this along with the rest of the PCVT
lines
#options		PCVT_SCANSET=2	# IBM keyboards are non-std
# Mandatory, don't remove
device		npx0	at isa? port "IO_NPX" irq 13 vector npxintr

device		sio0	at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector siointr
device		sio1	at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr
device		sio2	at isa? disable port "IO_COM3" tty irq 5 vector siointr
device		sio3	at isa? disable port "IO_COM4" tty irq 9 vector siointr
device		lpt0	at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector lptintr
device		lpt1	at isa? port? tty
device		mse0	at isa? port 0x23c tty irq 5 vector mseintr

device		psm0	at isa? disable port "IO_KBD" conflicts tty irq 12 vector
psmintr

# Order is important here due to intrusive probes, do *not* alphabetize
# this list of network interfaces until the probes have been fixed.
# Right now it appears that the ie0 must be probed before ep0. See
# revision 1.20 of this file.
device de0
device fxp0
device vx0

pseudo-device	log
pseudo-device	sl	1
# ijppp uses tun instead of ppp device
#pseudo-device	ppp	1
pseudo-device	tun	1
pseudo-device	pty	16
pseudo-device	gzip		# Exec gzipped a.out's

# KTRACE enables the system-call tracing facility ktrace(2).
# This adds 4 KB bloat to your kernel, and slightly increases
# the costs of each syscall.
options		KTRACE		#kernel tracing

# BiSDn Einstellungen:

controller      tel0 at isa? port 0xe80 net irq 10 vector telintr
pseudo-device   disdn
pseudo-device   isdn
pseudo-device   ipi     4
pseudo-device   itel    2