Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 1996 14:27:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        pst@shockwave.com (Paul Traina)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: using ccd for striping?

> Is anyone using the ccd driver in striping mode?  I'd like to hear about
> other people's good/bad experiences before trying it out myself.

I've seen it act a little funny with way large stripe sizes (65536), several
different times I have seen it develop "non-writable" and "non-accessible"
zones near the very end of the disk.

I haven't had the time to explore why this is, but have instead worked
around it by leaving the last 10% of the metadisks in question
unpartitioned.

Other than that:  you gotta love ccd :-)

... Joe

Solaria Public Access UNIX - Milwaukee, WI			   414/546-7968