Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 07:35:32 +0000
From:      Den <ticktick@lineone.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP

Hello questions,

  Hi All

  I have a few questions.

  1) I enabled the Firewall, and now when i use ppp it says
  device already in use, and then says cant add route tun1

  2) and when i boot up, it automatically dials my modem (i just
  noticed this, god knows how big my phone bill is), how do i turn
  this off

  3) what do i put in ppp.conf to allow me to use ppp without having
  to be in root, it says in the "man" add the line "add user", i did,
  but dont know the syntex, i have my Normal user ID in the network
  group, but when i use PPP, it says DENIED

  if anyone can help, it would be much appricated, im not expecting
  step by step details, just to be pushed or even kicked in the right
  direction!

Best regards,
 Den                          mailto:ticktick@lineone.net