Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 12:22:38 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
To:        ac199@hwcn.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lynx w/ SSLeay working: crypto.h diff

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998 03:31:56 -0400, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:

> Do you want to see SSLeay support merged into the FreeBSD port?

I don't know enough about crypto restrictions to know how much effort is
involved in making that happen, and I'm certainly not going to say I
want it until I'm willing to do it myself. :-P

> Are future versions of lynx expected to ship with SSL default?

No.

Acting on advice from Mark Murray, I snuffled around the FreeBSD base
source and discovered that SSLeay's ''free_func'' identifier conflicts
with a typedef in FreeBSD's zlib.h, which lynx #includes.

I've reported the conflict to the SSLeay developers.

Ciao,
Sheldon.