Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 1996 13:31:51 +0200
From:      moeding@bn.DeTeMobil.de (Stefan Moeding)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Removeable disks on 2.1.5

Hi!

I'm running 2.1.5-RELEASE on system with Adaptec 2940, Syquest 5150
(88MB) removeable disk drive and an HP 1536 Streamer.

Two questions:

1. The Syquest is attached to the uk-driver. Is anyone working on the
   driver code? Does the sd-driver support removeable disks?

2. I get kernel error messages 'device offline' when doing a 'mt status'
   without a tape in the drive. It's a tape drive, so I would say that
   offline is not exactly an error state. Any comments?

Thanks,
Stefan