Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 2013 09:50:29 +0200
From:      Benjamin VILLAIN <benjamin.villain@gmail.com>
To:        Kim Shrier <kim@westryn.net>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: booting FreeBSD on Apple Mac mini with GPT disk partition

Hi Kim,

I had some trouble bootin FreeBSD on my macbook pro last year. It seems
that you have to boot FreeBSD in BIOS mode (UEFI bootloader is not
available yet on amd64) and this can only be achieved on the SATA hard
drive (not an external one).

I don't know how are you trying to boot it but it should work (this link
could help https://wiki.freebsd.org/AppleMacbook).

Regards,

--
Ben