Date:      06 Dec 2002 15:59:14 -0600
From:      Craig Boston <craig@meoqu.gank.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP users: Please test (possible bug in select())

Wow, thanks to everyone who replied so far, both on and off list.  It's
looking like it's only my freaky machine that's having this problem.
Maybe there's something in that function that's tickling a hardware
problem.  If anyone else tries this, please send negative results (no
problems) only to me so we don't clutter up the list :)

Now that I can cause the problem on command I'll try monkeying with the
BIOS settings.  Re-compiling kernel without CPUTYPE had no effect.
Non-SMP kernel works perfectly.

Sigh, I really don't want to give up on FreeBSD/SMP on this box, but
that 1.7 Gig down the hall is looking mighty tempting......

Thanks to everyone for your patience,
Craig