Date:      Sun, 6 Sep 1998 19:47:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   my pccard changes

In my situation I take my laptop between multiple ethernets, and I can't
use DHCP because I'm unlucky.

So, what I did was add:

if [ -f /etc/pccard_location ] ; then
        . /etc/pccard_location
fi

if [ "x$pccard_location" != "x" ] ; then
        if [ -f /etc/rc.conf.extra.$pccard_location ] ; then
                . /etc/rc.conf.extra.$pccard_location
        fi
fi

to my pccard_ether right after it sucks in rc.conf.

Then I created /etc/rc.conf.extra.home (for example) with:

pccard_ifconfig="inet 10.0.0.2"
defaultrouter="10.0.0.1"

and a shell script that lets me just run "location home" and have
pccard_location="home" put into /etc/pccard_location.  The same applies
for any number of locations.

Pretty simple modificatons; just FYI if anyone else was wanting to do the
same thing but hadn't bothered to.

Now, the next step would be to have a GPS that would automatically
determine the location it was in and config appropriately.