Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 2003 20:49:09 +0100
From:      David Holm <david@realityrift.com>
To:        David Holm <david@realityrift.com>
Cc:        joe@removethis.rainbowsheep.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrading to CURRENT from STABLE

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 20:34:19 +0100
David Holm <david@realityrift.com> wrote:

> You can find info on how to set maximum optimizations with gcc 3.2 here:
> http://www.freehackers.org/gentoo/gccflags/flag_gcc3opt.html

BTW, some of these flags will only work with gcc 3.1 and higher, so you won't be able to set
them until after you have upgraded to 5.0. But as I said, you don't want to set the when
compiling world and kernel anyway ;).

I usually have two sets of CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS in my make.conf, one which I use when compiling
world/kernel and one which I use for everything else. It's just a matter of moving two '#' when
switching, the lazy could even write a script =).