Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 1996 19:23:23 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        max@underdog.maxie.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Another cool hack with FreeBSD...

mailing list account stands accused of saying: Whew!  Anyone know the
> exchange rate for $A -> $US ???  I didn't think that the aussie
> dollar was that far from the us dollar [but then, it's been a few
> years since i last checked]...

AUS$1 ~= US$0.70.

> Interesting that they don't do flat-rate isdn there..  do they charge by the
> packet, like some x.25 carriers here STILL do [tymnet, telenet]?

Telstra is still in posession of a virtual monopoly, so they charge
whatever they like and nobody can do anything about it.

As an example, it's cheaper here to run microwave links any distance than
the equivalent wired network.

> Jim

]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[