Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 22:29:46 -0300
From:      Darcy Pierlot <dpierlot@dpworld.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CDROM Problem

In followup to my problem regarding installation of FreeBSD3.2 via CDROM:

I have an atapi cdrom drive and have heard i must use a kernel image called
atapi.flp. is this true? i cannot find it on the cd or ftp site. where is it?

my problem is that when loading the kernel just before entering the install
program a couple messages flash up about not finding my cdrom drive (i was
using the mat/panisonic creative cdrom driver). this was because i could
not find an option for the atapi drive.

where are all these devices that should be availible for choosing when i
config my kernel in the very beginning. for example the one for an intel
etherexpress 16 card, atapi cd, etc.

Anyway, the main problem is that when copying files, everythiung hangs at
1% and sometimes before that.

Please help, and please email me diretly since i'm not on the list yet.

Thanks,
Darcy