Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:08:00 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best options for disk-formatting on PowerPC? (mac-mini)

At 12:49 AM -0500 1/20/09, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

>Or is there some way to get FreeBSD to notice more than 16 of these
>partitions that MacOS wants to create?  We couldn't get freebsd to
>skip over all those  8.5-meg "Apple_Boot" partitions, could we?

Well, after some sleep and doing a little more work, I seem to have
things working fine wrt the partitions.  When running an up-to-date
build of 7.x, FreeBSD is able to use all the partitions.  Due to the
confusion caused by my typos in openfirmware, some of my work was done
while using an older 6.2-era build, and that's the one which had the
limit on partitions.

There's still the initial issue I had when trying to work with two
firewire drives (one of which was the older MacMini plugged into the
external-FW-drive/hub), and I know that problem *is* in the 7.x
system, but other than that most of my problems were due to my own
mistakes.  So no coding changes are needed.  Just need to fix the nut
who's punching the keyboard.