Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 2006 12:30:26 GMT
From:      Eamon.Roque@arf.fak12.uni-muenchen.de
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/87750: btx halted error while installation

The following reply was made to PR i386/87750; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Eamon.Roque@arf.fak12.uni-muenchen.de
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 14:20:47 +0200 (MEST)

 Hi,

 The BTX error messages that I reported are with the first installation cd
 of the 6.1 release (downloaded this week). Installing FreeBSD is possible
 with diskettes, however, when rebooted, the system halts at the same
 point. During the installation,once the installation system was loaded, I
 didn't have any problems (hardware, installation system segfaults etc.).

 I have had similar experiences with 7.0-Current images and those of the
 5.x releases.

 HTH

 Eamon Roque