Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 1997 02:16:55 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.demon.co.uk>
To:        "James E. Housley" <housley@pr-comm.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tun0/user ppp lockups?

> I have been having similar problems.  I changed to lines yesterday in
> ppp.conf and things seem better.  Haven't run long enough to be sure.
> In 2.1.x it was recomended to disable and deny lqr (Line Quality).
> I noticed that 2.2.x enables that by default.
>
> enable lqr
> accept lqr

Hmm.

$ cd /usr/src/etc/ppp
$ uname -a
FreeBSD shift.lan.awfulhak.org 2.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.2-RELEASE #0: Mon Mar 17 20:40:56 GMT 1997     brian@shift.lan.awfulhak.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/SHIFT  i386
$ fgrep lqr ppp.conf*
ppp.conf.sample: disable lqr
ppp.conf.sample: deny lqr
ppp.conf.server.sample: disable lqr

You should disable this if you're playing ppp client.  The ppp.conf.sample
in -current has an example of a client-server setup that uses lqr so that
the server can tell when the other side has died.

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.demon.co.uk>, <brian@freebsd.org>
      <http://www.awfulhak.demon.co.uk/>;