Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2002 18:52:16 +0100
From:      Thomas Vogt <turbo23@gmx.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Matrox g550 with xfree 4.1

Helo

I've a matrox g550 gfx card. I installed Xfree 4.1 from the ports with
"make  WITH_MATROX_GXX_DRIVER=yes". I also installed drm-kmod from the
ports. kldstat shows me that mga.a, gamma.ko and agp.ko are running. I
also know that DRI only works if X is running as root, so I started X as
root. load "dri" is enabled in XF86Config too.

But when I run X I get this error message (X is working fine but without
dri):

Symbol noPanoramiXExtension from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved! Symbol vbeFree
from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga_drv.o is unresolved!(EE)
MGA(0): [drm] DRIScreenInit failed.  Disabling DRI

glxinfo shows:
direct rendering: No

Can someone give me some hints, how I can enable DRI with my matrox
g550? I use Freebsd 4.5-rc3

regards
Thomas Vogt