Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 95 16:13:44 +0200
From:      Paulo.Goncalves@inesc.pt (Paulo Antonio Costa Goncalves)
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq ProSignia 300 SCSI Controller...

	Hello!
	I tried to install FreeBSD 2.0.5 on a Compaq Prosignia 300, which has
a built-in PCI based SCSI controller with a NCR 53C810 chip.
	Unfortunately, the mini-kernel on the boot diskette doesn't recognize
the controller, and the SCSI disk connected to it.
	I presume that this controller is supported by FreeBSD, isn't it?
	Is there some parameter i have to give to the boot manager???
	What shall i do???

	Many thanks for any help!!!

	Paulo Goncalves.

           Paulo Antonio Costa Goncalves                pacg@inesc.pt

           INESC - Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores
            CCAE - Centro de Comunicacoes em Ambientes Empresariais

  Av. Duque D'Avila, 23 - 5 Dto.   Tel: 351-1-3100069    Fax: 351-1-3100008/9
                             LISBOA - PORTUGAL
            "Well, do you ever get the feeling that the story's
             too damn real and in the present tense?
             Or that everybody's on the stage, and it seems like
             you're the only person sitting in the audience?"

    Jethro Tull, "Skating away on the thin ice of the new day", "Warchild"