Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 10:34:17 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
To:        Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "ipfw add fwd ipaddr ip ..." syntax

--------------788F96F553BFC61DE87B2089

Hello,

have a look at the natd(8) man page :

-redirect_port proto targetIP:targetPORT [aliasIP:]aliasPORT
	 [remoteIP[:remotePORT]]
  Redirect incoming connections arriving to given port to an-
  other host and port.  Proto is either tcp or udp, targetIP is
  the desired target IP number, targetPORT is the desired tar-
  get PORT number, aliasPORT is the requested PORT number and
  aliasIP is the aliasing address.  RemoteIP and remotePORT can
  be used to specify the connection more accurately if neces-
  sary.  For example, the argument

  tcp inside1:telnet 6666

  means that tcp packets destined for port 6666 on this machine
  will be sent to the telnet port on the inside1 machine.

Len Conrad wrote:

> We can't come up with a command line that ipfw will swallow.
>
> I guess what we're trying to do is make a kind of "level3 switch" function.
>
> hardware config:
>
> WAN on if0: x.y.z.200
> [mainrouter freebsd + ipfw]
> LAN on if1: 192.168.253.254
>
> Ethernet
>
> LAN if0: x.y.z.214
> [somehost]
>
> What we want is to receive on the mainrouter WAN packets for .214 and
> forward on the LAN to somehost.
>
> We've read the man ipfw page many times, and here's what we come up with:
>
> ipfw add fwd x.y.z.214 ip from any to x.y.z.214 via if1
>
> tia,
> Len

--------------788F96F553BFC61DE87B2089

begin:vcard