Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:00:39 -0400
From:      a clever sheep <aard@aard.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with compiling some port [apache2/expat]

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 09:17:18AM -0400, Bill Vermillion wrote:

> The ports shows 1-95.4.  It just fails when compiling in configure.
> I've deleted it all, I've rebuilt it all.  I'm trying a complete OS
> rebuild, then I'll try nuking the port again and the distfile.

not to "me too" but..  me too.  at least i think i am having similar
problems with a port that requires expat.. it may be unrelated.

the problems are with building the apache2 port.  i pulled up every
portrevision from 2 on...2 builds fine, 3-7 do not.  they die with the
following:

unixd.c: In function `unixd_set_global_mutex_perms':
unixd.c:429: syntax error before `osgmutex'
unixd.c:430: `osgmutex' undeclared (first use in this function)
unixd.c:430: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
unixd.c:430: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

the differences between portrevision 2 and portrevision 3 seem to
revolve around expat although i'm not sure what they are exactly.  i
first thought this was an apache runtime library problem but since the
diff of those two portrevisions seems to be based on expat, now i am not
sure.

this is happening on three boxes...two are 4.6.1-RELEASE-p1 and one is
4.6.1-RELEASE-p10.  tried removing the packages and reinstalling etc.
any suggestions/insight would be appreciated.

--
dreams and belief have gone;  time, life itself goes on