Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:25:09 +0100
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        freebsd-docs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question on managing translations

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 02:13:16AM -0800, Joseph Koshy wrote:
> Question to the translation teams: How are we keeping our translation
> efforts sync'ed up with the main pages?

cvs diff -u, mostly.

> I can see that doing a 'diff' can be painful if there are a number of
> changes to content and structural changes.

That is the reason why we have the 'do not mix changes to content,
structure, markup and whitespace'-rule for the english documents.
I just battered my way through the last 4 months (or so) of FAQ
changes during the last 72 hours and finding out what was happening
was rather easy because of this rule.

And yes, the very few people who violated this rule have been slapped
for it, both in private and in public.

/s/Udo
PS: Yes, I am still very much alive and kicking
--
Der Einsatz von M$-Mailsystemen ist sehr erfolgreich, aber leider vor allem
bei der Verbreitung von Viren wie Melissa, Papa oder explore.zip. Dies ist