Date:      Tue, 09 Jun 1998 09:17:02 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        gmarco@giovannelli.it
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kde and audio

Gianmarco Giovannelli writes:
>I have mounted kde 4.1b on my home box, 3.0-current
>
>But I receive this error when I try to use the kaudioserver:
>
>/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_ftok" called from
>kaudioserver:/usr/local/lib/libmediatool.so.0.91 at 0x2001c0e4

Yea, there's got to be a -lcompat on the link line to (most) anything
linked against libmultimedia.so.  Unfortuneately, that alone won't
get audio to work.  I had to patch some of the sources to kaudioserver,
I think there's some #ifdef LINUX floating around in there.
It shouldn't be too tough to sort out, just has to be done. I haven't
gotten the bells and whistles to work for the window manager events
yet, but I haven't had time to look further either.

>gmarco:/home/gmarco>
>
>Is there someone here that has succeded in using audio with kde
>(kaudioserver) and with which driver (Luigi, stock voxware, oss) ?

It should be driver independant.

>Thanks...
>

>--
>
>Regards...