Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 1996 18:41:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rashid  Karimov <rashid@rk.ios.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: P6 and PCI

	Does any1 know if ASUS already makes motherboards
	with an updated chipset ? It's impossible to find
	a person in that company who understands the problem
	at all ... Any contacts I can use at ASUS who would
	be aware of the problem ?

> > 	I wonder if there will be a lawsuit ... anyway what they
> > 	did is insane ! They had really fast and stable processor
> > 	and shittiest chipset and instead of making us wait for
> > 	a DECENT system, they just combined what they had at the time.
>
> ASUS has agreed to fix our own motherboard - have you tried following
> up with them to see if they'll do the same for you as well?  No
> need to get too incensed about this! :-)

	No - I meant Intel :) there . ASUS just assembled the
	pieces together.
	Good news - looks like Intel started shipping "Alder" motherboards
	to some of its VARs. Is there a sense in buying SMP MBs now
	hoping for working and stable SMP support in FreeBSD by say
	end of (this :) summer ? :)))

	Rashid