Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 21:38:10 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        "Rafal Przysada" <rprzysada@aiut.com.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NAT service

On 31 May 99, at 10:22, Rafal Przysada wrote:

> Thanks for your answer. I have one more question.

You are welcome.  But please keep all replies CC'd to the mailing list.

> When I have my FreeBSD server working as a Internet gateway can I bill the
> users of my LAN. I would like to know at what time they start using
> Internet and at what time they finish. Is it possible on my server?

Yes, it is.  It's called accounting.  And it's done automatically at the
end of the month.  Well it is under 3.1 on my box.  Perhaps someone can
provide more information.

Is time your only criteria for charging your users?
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.FreeBSDDiary.org/freebsd/