Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 01:10:39 +0200
From:      Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help with WaveLAN Card

Hi Warner,

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 03:39:48PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:

> :      Now, there was a different poster (Andreas Braukmann
> : <braukmann@tse-online.de>),
Hey, ... that' me ;)

> : who does have a problematic laptop (a Sony
> : Vaio).  Perhaps you're getting the two posters confused?
It's a Sony Vaio 505X.

> The VAIO problem is almost certainly a IRQ conflict problem, but I've
> not had the time to help out on that one.
I'm nearly sure, that it's not an irq conflict.
The pcic0 probes on IRQ 10. The wi-driver gets IRQ 5.
It seems that there are no other devices on these interrupts.

I'll keep the rest of this discussion on the thread I posted
my problem originally to.

I might be able to supply you with a ssh-account on the Vaio.
I have only *one* not so small problem. Since the Vaio has only
one pcmcia-slot, ... (you get the picture ...)

-Andreas

P.S.: I'll try to get a freebsd supported usb ethernet card,
if anybody would like to take a closer look on the wi-/pcmcia problem.

--
: Anti-Spam Petition:     http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/          :
: PGP-Key:                http://www.tse-online.de/~ab/public-key      :