Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 2009 22:57:20 +0800
From:      Alastair Hogge <agh@coolrhaug.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        Andrew Kochetkov <kochetkov.andrew@gmail.com>, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel DP45SG motherboard problem (amd64)

On Thu June 4 2009 19:48:53 Andrew Kochetkov wrote:
> Hello all.
Hey,

> I have a problem with Intel LGA775 DP45SG Intel P45/ICH10R motherboard
> on FreeBSD/amd64.
I have the same MB, with the same problem.

> Any devices (keyboard, sata, net) don't work after
> kernel loading. It works for i386 (expect for keyboard: first pressed
> key "sticks").
> FreeBSD versions that i tried are: 7.0-RELEASE, 7.2-RELEASE, 8.0-CURRENT
> There was no difference with/without ACPI.
> I connect serial console, boot -v and I'm seeing FreeBSD complaining
> about inability to allocate interrupts for devices, like the log below:
Yep. I couldn't get 7.1-RELEASE or above to install at all. I went over this
(many months ago) with a few people on freenode.net, the conclusion at the
time -  FreeBSD amd64 port doesn't recognize the AHCI bus native or legacy -
however, i386 is ok.

Now sometime before, I did have maybe a 6.x or 7.x system running OK. It just
broke one day after an update (was a big update - months in between). I never
got around to installing 6.x to investigate further.

I have 2 machines very close to identical with the DP45SG, If you're curious
NetBSD-5 amd64 boots without problems.

-alastair

[dmesg removed]