Date:      Thu, 6 Nov 1997 11:11:58 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   procmail problems

On one of our servers we have replaced "mail" with procmail, mainly to
have the possibility of putting mailboxes in user directories instead
of having 3000+ files in /var/mail . But for some reason, procmail
quite often starts growing until it exhausts the swap space causing
itself and a bunch of other processes to get killed.

Are there known problem in procmail, and is there any simple
alternative for achieving our main goal (putting mailboxes into users'
directories instead of /var/mail) ?

	Thanks
	Luigi