Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 15:45:57 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multihead XFree86 4.0 beta 3.9.15 working

Hi,
You all may be interested in this.

The first snapshot of XFree86 4.0 (ver 3.9.15) was released on the
XFree86 web site a few days ago.  http://www.xfree86.org

It supports Multi-Head X11 (ie 2 or more VGA cards in one PC).
(which I current do with XiG's Accellerated X 4.1)

I have a two PCI matrox cards
  Matrox Millenium 4 Meg PCI
  Matrox Millenium II 4 Meg PCI

After a download, build, install session and some time
spent crafting the right /etc/XF86Config file,
I can report it all works great.

I have one 17" monitor running at 1024x768 24 bit colour
And a 14" monitor running at 640x480 24 bit colour

The snapshot is open to the public for testing.
Why not have a go.
Remember though, this is a first snapshot of new code.

bye
Roger
--
Roger Hardiman