Date:      Sun, 4 Apr 1999 22:26:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Subject:   Re: Kernel panic question. - need KVA fix in -STABLE!!

:>  you have both. :I
:>
:>  If you wish I can (via private email) step you through the patch
:>  for this, it is not complicated.
:
:Will we (FreeBSD) be sure to have this fix in -STABE before it
:becomes 3.2-RELEASE?  The way this KVA issue behaves, it causes
:things to break in very non-obvious ways.  It's cheap enough to
:buy RAM that more and more people may find themselves running
:into this.

    If the %ebx hack handles the more commonly available BSDI
    binaries, which it apparently does, I'd say almost certainly.
    Hopefully nobody will forget :-).  The parallel port probing
    also needs to be fixed prior to 3.2.

					    -Matt