Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 18:59:35 +0300
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <arcade@aist.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   On the modules

  When I was compiling the modules I face the following situation. While its possible to compile kernel even with -O3 -pipe, the modules still copmpiled with -O -pipe. Where I can change this? The search in the /sys/compile returns nothing...

  Next. What would be with the modules in future? Something is not good in division for devices and modules. For example, MSDOSFS compiled as module makes it possible to forget about compiling it into kernel. On the other hand there are modules that must be present at the boot stage to load the system (or devices must be compiled in). May be it's possible to convert devices to modules? And then just load needable before running kernel? Or just make a option for linking the module into the kernel?

--
[WBR], Arcade Zardos. [AIST] [SAT Astronomy//Think to survive!] [mp3.aist.net]