Date:      Sat, 31 Oct 1998 00:24:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        Satish Basvapatri <satishb@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Hi

a) don't write buggy code :)
b) setup a signal handler,(i assume for SIGSEGV) keep track of all sockets
and close them in the handler
c) the client+servers could then catch the SIGPIPE on writes to themain
server as an indication to try to reconnect in "X" amount of time, if the
slave servers are performing reads, you should set them up to timeout
after some time if no data comes across and take it as a signal to
reconnect.

i think "a" is the best option though... :)

Alfred Perlstein - Programmer, HotJobs Inc. - www.hotjobs.com
-- There are operating systems, and then there's FreeBSD.
-- http://www.freebsd.org/                        3.0-current