Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2001 01:26:57 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Looking for sample X code.

I've got an application written for Linux that compiles and mostly
works on FreeBSD. However, one feature isn't working. At one point, it
wants to make the application owning a specific window think that a
specific key was pressed. The original author wasn't quite sure how to
do this, as witness the comment:

  /* I am not sure which of the following fields I have to fill in or
     what to fill them in with (rcy) I wouldnt be suprised if this
     breaks in some cases.  */

Well, FreeBSD using XFree86-4 seems to be one of the cases, as
debugging output shows the XSendEvent being run, but the underlying
applications don't react to the key.

Could an X guru provide a correct example of faking a key press event?

	Thanx,
	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.