Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 11:44:12 +0200
From:      Ekow Oppon <ekow@tango.sanbi.ac.za>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   getting freebsd via ftpHi !

Hi

I am a newbie trying to get into freebsd. I have downloaded the the
floppies kern.flp and msroot.flp. I have been able to boot with these
floppies. However, where it gets to the ftp installation (I do not have
a CD rom), I do not know what to put in the following boxes

Gateway:
IP Address
Host :
server
Domain:
Netmask
Extra options to iconfig :

*Do I have to get an IP address on my box before I can install via ftp ?

Which of these do I need ...
ppp or slip ?

I'm using a network system(i.e. we have a wired network ...which I have
connected my computer.)

Please come to my aid....anybody
Thank you ! I will appreciate a direct reply.
PS:   I have ascess to a unix box which is also part of the network. Is
there a way I can get the installattion on the PC via the SGI irix box ?