Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 12:37:33 +0200
From:      Stefano Riva <sriva@alice.it>
To:        "danny" <danny@pentalpha.com.hk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: named.run

At 17.34 31/05/99 +0800, you wrote:
>I found a file named.run in /etc/namedb and the file size is very large. It
>is the log file of all dns query. Did I set something wrong or I get a
>attack?

  The debug log of named is turned on by the -d option (debug level) or by
one or more SIGUSR1 sent to the process. Check if you specified -d as an
option to named in /etc/rc.conf, /etc/rc.conf.local or where you launch named.

---

  Stefano Riva
  Software Engineer - Systems Administrator
  Informazioni Editoriali I.E. Srl
  Phone +39-027528400, Fax +39-027528451
  Email sriva@alice.it