Date:      	Thu, 6 Feb 1997 13:52:14 -0700
From:      "James" <jamess@agt.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   End of: Keyboard Lock-up after Kernal Configuration

> Have you tried another keyboard? When you say the keyboard locks up does
> everything else lock up as well? Or does it get to the next stage of the
> installation process and you can't enter any information?

Just the keyboard locks up.  It continues to the main sysconfig screen,
where I can no longer go any further.

After trying the 2.2-GAMMA boot image and being successful (Yay!) I am
pretty sure it had something to do with my motherboard.  With the 2.2-GAMMA
it detected my PCI motherboards make/model, while 2.1.6-RELEASE didn't.

I think I will forget 2.1.6 and just wait for the release of 2.2.

Thanks.  (And thanks FreeBSD dev. team for 2.2!)

James.