Date:      Mon, 04 Mar 2002 09:19:24 -0800
From:      Koroush Saraf <koroush.saraf@lmco.com>
To:        Koroush Saraf <koroush@pacbell.net>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Routing question, Routed using one interface (more info)

I'm making a new post to attach the network diagram in order to clarify my
question.

I have several bsd4.3 computers each with one NIC on a shared LAN as below:

+-------------+
|10.1.1.1/24  |
|             +--+
|             |  |
+-------------+  |

+-------------+  |
|10.1.1.2/24  |  |
|10.2.2.2/24  +--+
|             |  |
+-------------+  |

+-------------+  |
|10.2.2.3/24  |  |
|10.3.3.3/24  +--+
|             |  |
+-------------+  |

+-------------+  |
|10.3.3.4/24  |  |
|             +--+

Now I like to turn on Routed, and have the approperiate routes discovered.
Then from the 10.1.1.1 computer I like to be able to run traceroute to the
10.3.3.4 computer and see the following:
10.1.1.1 <-> 10.1.1.2 <->10.2.2.3<->10.3.3.4
currently I've tried this, but the routing is not being discovered and the
routing table remains unchanged. There are no default routes either.
Can you tell me if this is possible? and if so what I need to do to get it
to work?