Date:      Fri, 17 May 1996 22:15:15 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, nate@sri.MT.net (Nate Williams), hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Note from Usenet

> : > Apparently Linux 1.3 with the re-written TCP/IP code still isn't up to
> : > the task.
>
> The latest from linux-hackers is that one of the hold ups of the 2.0
> release are some lingering problems with the TCP code.  The comments
> that Alan was making were wrt 1.3.8something, so shouldn't necessarily
> be an indication of what they've done since then (they are up to
> 1.3.105 effectively (counting the 1.99.x releases as 1.3.10x)).

Comments made for pre2.0.4 (who thought of that naming scheme?) says the
the TCP bugs still exist.  See my previous comments on this subject, but
it sounds like they aren't planning on fixing the 'real bugs' until
after 2.0 is released since they don't have the time to do it right, and
they want to get 2.0 out the door.

So, it's going to stay that way.

Nate

ps. Just so it doesn't sound like I'm Linux-bashing, apparently these
new problems don't exist in 1.2.13 (or whatever the most recent 'stable'
version of Linux is).