Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 1996 15:32:20 +0000 ()
From:      ywliu <team_fbf@pristine.com.tw>
To:        codonnel@bus.net (C. O'Donnell)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: General questions

> A couple general questions:
>
> 1) adduser: Has any found a good tool to remove them?
>             Or did you have to write one from scratch?

Nope. Now I do this manually. Remove the user entry with vipw, find all
files with his uid and delete them. Remove his crontab job as well.

> 2) Do you use `/nonexistant' for a shell field in the /etc/passwd
>    for users with only POP mail logins or is there a better way?
>    What about the home directory? /tmp?

IMHO, as long as your users never log onto the mailbox machine (or it's
your policy to disallow users to get to the machine except for POP mail),
I guess it's OK to set it to anywhere you like. I personally even want
to set their login shells to /nonexistant to avoid any user problems,
as long as the machine is dedicated to POP mail server only (though I
don't have chances to try yet).

Setting it to /nonexistant or any non-existant directory will bring the home
to / ; so I guess probably it doesn't make any difference, if the login
shell is specified.

Yen-Wei Liu (ywliu@pristine.com.tw)