Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 08:34:53 -0600
From:      "Ramsey G. Brenner" <rgbrenner@myrealbox.com>
To:        "Laurence Brockman" <laurence@fluxinc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hiding OS name

=46rom /sys/i386/conf/LINT
#
# TCP_DROP_SYNFIN adds support for ignoring TCP packets with SYN+FIN. Thi=
# prevents nmap et al. from identifying the TCP/IP stack, but breaks supp=
ort
# for RFC1644 extensions and is not recommended for web servers.
#
options         TCP_DROP_SYNFIN         #drop TCP packets with SYN+FIN

Also dont forget to add
tcp_drop_synfin=3D"YES"
to /etc/rc.conf

--=20