Date:      Sat, 17 May 2008 18:56:25 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Adrian Thearle <adrian@thearle.com.au>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, garga@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: clamav-0.93

--ByM1h5nouWwd3kz8

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 11:44:26AM +1000, Adrian Thearle wrote:
> Hi
>=20
> I have made a change to the clamav-milter startup script that helps with=
=20
> permissions on the socket.
> I use postfix, not sure of sendmails requirements, but the socket needs=
=20
> to be writeable by the postfix user. The attached patch adds three=20
> variables that can be used to change the permissions and owner of the=20
> socket. I checked for this functionality within clam itself, but could=20
> not find an option.
>=20
> This is similar to the way spamass-milter does it.

Well, I use sendmail and clamav-milter; the following reflects what I
have & use:

janus(6.3-S)[14] ls -l /var/run/clamav/
total 4
-rw-rw----  1 clamav  clamav  6 May 15 20:38 clamav-milter.pid
srwxrwxrwx  1 clamav  clamav  0 May 15 20:38 clamd
-rw-rw----  1 clamav  clamav  5 May 15 20:38 clamd.pid
srwxr-xr-x  1 clamav  clamav  0 May 15 20:38 clmilter.sock
janus(6.3-S)[15] grep clam /etc/rc.conf=20
clamav_clamd_enable=3D"YES"
clamav_milter_enable=3D"YES"
# See clamav-milter(1) for flags
clamav_milter_flags=3D"--noxheader -q -l --max-children=3D8"
janus(6.3-S)[16]=20

As for patches, I suggest that you create either context (-c) or uni-
(-u) diffs.

Peace,
david
--=20
I submit that "conspiracy" would be an appropriate collective noun for cats.

--ByM1h5nouWwd3kz8

--ByM1h5nouWwd3kz8--