Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:12:53 -0700
From:      Jason Williams <jwilliams@courtesymortgage.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question on cvsup of ports and refuse file

Hello everyone.

I've been able to get cvsup working the way I want as far as ports are
concerned. I've setup my refuse file the way I like it and it has been
working perfectly. I dont get the ports for games, audio and such on my
mail server now. :)

Anyway, a question on cvsup and refuse file ran through my mind today
regarding this and I wanted to post it here.

What do you do if you need to change your refuse file to allow or disallow
new ports?

For example, lets say I setup a brand new server and dont use any refuse
file. Thus, I just download the entire ports tree altogether. Now lets say,
I want to not get certain ports each time I cvsup the tree. What do you
need to do to get this working correctly? DO i just add or remove the ports
in the refuse file as needed? Or is there something else.

Do I need to do any type of index updating (assuming I do not have
portupgarde installed).

Just something I thought about today and wanted to ask.

Thanks,

Jason