Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 1996 01:18:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu (David E. O'Brien)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hacker's list)
Subject:   Re: Building a "custom" release of 2.1.0

> With CVS now public, some people are attempting to practice `roll their own',
> so if CVS is at all avoidable (like it was in FreeBSD-1.*), it would help
> more people with less disc space practice.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but in 2.0-R I was playing with making
my own floppies, and I just replaced the cvs commands with a script that
make a directory and created hard links to the files in /usr/src (I had a
big user partition).  This got me past the cvs thing.  I did hit other
road blocks though.

So what's the big deal?  Anyone daring enough to play with building a
release should be able to edit a Makefile.

-- David   (obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu)
Satisfied Customer, The FreeBSD Project

P.S.  Do I need to put (tm) after ``The FreeBSD Project''?  Has jhk
trademarked this yet?  :-)