Date:      Mon, 08 Sep 2014 08:44:20 +0200
From:      Jan Beich <jbeich@vfemail.net>
To:        Lars Engels <lars.engels@0x20.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org, Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
Subject:   Re: libpepflashplayer on chromium?

Lars Engels <lars.engels@0x20.net> writes:

F>> Hi,
>>
>> With latest release of chromium, www/linux-f10-flashplugin11 no longer
>> works. However, I note that Google have now introduced
>> libpepflashplayer to handle Flash content. Is this part of the
>> chromium source-tree or would this involve introducing a separate
>> port?
>
> Unfortunately the libpepflashplayer.so file is a shared object for
> Linux, so it doesn't work out of the box. But maybe it could work with
> nspluginwrapper? But AFAIK nspluginwrapper is for NPAPI Plugins which no
> longer work on Chromium > 35.x

There's already exists something similar, not sure if it supports
running from foreign ABI (linux/ppc, freebsd/x86) similar to
nspluginwrapper though. For Chromium you'll need to downgrade.

https://github.com/i-rinat/freshplayerplugin

VFEmail.net - http://www.vfemail.net
ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!