Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2007 13:25:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dereck <dereckhaskins@yahoo.com>
To:        Nicole <blabgoo@yahoo.com>, deeptech71@gmail.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsdmall.com prices

> DSL for a a bit and make a few cds at home, if you
> use FreeBSD at your
> company, you should get them to subscribe to the
> CD's!  Maybe as an
> individual it's not cost effective for you. But
> there is no reason to
> let your company off the hook if you can help it.
>

>  Nicole

Hear! Hear!  Glad someone pointed this out.

The CD subscriptions are very reasonable for a
company, and without the per machine requirements of
other OS types.  $40-100 per quarter is nothing.  Most
companies don't blink at a bar tab that large for a
salesperson.  CD subscription should be required on a
moral basis if for no other reason for a company.
Indeed a company that uses *BSD should subscribe to
all *BSD versions to keep updated, abreast of devel,
and current.

Now that VMware is free I don't know why an IT dept
wouldn't be constantly evaluating *BSD subscriptions.