Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 04:09:20 -0500
From:      youlgok@attglobal.net
To:        Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD-Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Configuring XFree86?

Hi:

This is my current situation:

To configure XFree86-4.0.1_10, I use XFree86 -configure and it says:

>XFree86 detected your mouse at device /dev/mouse.  Please check your config if the mouse is still not operational,
as >by default XFree86 tried to autodetect the protocol.

>Your XF86Config file is /root/XF86Config.new
>
>To test the server, run 'XFree86 -xf86config /root/XF86Config.new'

As I remember the mouse is at /dev/sysmouse.  I ran /stand/sysinstall, and it hangs at the first page where it says
it probes all devices and it takes for a while...  After all this, even shutdown -r now doesn't work anymore.  It
hangs at

syncing disks...
done
Uptime: 11m37s

What went wrong?  And X recognizes FBSD as 4.2-Beta.  Mine is 4.2-stable-20001208.  Any help would be grateful.
Thanks.

-Paul