Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 08:17:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        bmah@CA.Sandia.GOV
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, bmah@CA.Sandia.GOV
Subject:   Re: 227upgrade package version?

 * I noticed, quite by accident, that the 227upgrade package (linked
 * from http://www.freebsd.org/ports/) was updated yesterday.  I'm
 * wondering if there's any easy way, short of downloading and
 * examining/installing it, that a user can find out what the most
 * recent version of this package is, or when it was last changed?  In
 * other words, how can someone know their copy is up-to-date?

I used to change the ports page every time I updated it but it became
too much trouble.  It changes too often.

You can either (1) consider it always new and fetch it from your
/etc/daily, or (2) examine the timestamp or look at where the symbolic
link is pointing to (it has the date in there).

The timestamp is safer because I sometimes forget to change the name.

Satoshi