Date:      Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:55:02 +0930
From:      Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Multimedia <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Followup to DVD Burning question

I asked recently about burning a DVD disk under FreeBSD,  and received
several replies.  However I don't think I explained myself clearly
enough.

I know ho to author a video DVD, and can script that part simply enough.
What I really needed to do is capture the video stream from the capture
card and start the burn to DVD media immediately.  The main problem I'm
having is burn times.  I would like the burn to be concurrent to the
actual capture process, so all that's left after the capture is
completed, is to fixate the disk, rather than re-encode, multiplex or
any one of a hundred other things that need to be done for a video DVD.

Something like
cat /dev/cxm0 | growisofs -Z -
would be ideal, but I don't know if or how well it would work.

Regards

Tim

--
Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>