Date:      Fri, 05 Dec 1997 10:01:29 -0800
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: metricom & freebsd

  From: Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
  On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Paul Traina wrote:

  > Has anyone done a Metricom star mode driver for FreeBSD?
  > (Star mode is the higher speed packet-oriented mode, Linux has a driver).

  Is there even a starmode driver for Windows?  I'm using plain-old Dial Up
  on my Win95 laptop.

No.

  If you want to try and hack something I'll volunteer to test it.  I wonder
  if i[ij][ij]ppp would be a good place to start; tun0 seems like a good
  target interface.

Yes, iijppp is a good place to test it out.  Unfortunately I have
neither the time nor the spare group of modems to actually write
and debug it.  I was asking more for curiosity sake.  It's too bad
Metricom doesn't offer IP over STAR mode as a service, that would
immediately make it interesting.