Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 1996 14:19:03 +0800 (GMT+0800)
From:      "Humprey C. Sy" <humprey@linux1.dlsu.edu.ph>
To:        Trent <chayfo@goodnet.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CDROM

On Sun, 3 Mar 1996, Trent wrote:

> I have a Creative Labs IDE CD-ROM Drive connected to a SB16 sound card.
> When FreeBSD v2.1 starts it cannot find the CD-ROM. I think I dont have
> it configured right. I have booted with the -c command line to configure
> the kernel and still cannot get it to work. Is this CD-ROM configuration
> not supported or do I have something configured wrong?

That is the same problem I am experiencing.  You could try to see if your
CD-ROM is a Sony, Mitsumi, or Matsushita/Panasonic compatible type.  If
it is, then there are drivers for that - take a look at the LINT file in
/sys/i386/conf for the exact name for them.

My CD-ROM is a CD200 model, and I don't think it's supported by FreeBSD,
so I probably will have to be contented with not having one for the moment.

- Humprey -